To hire me, email: ConnerWrites at gmail.com
What I Offer::
Every writer has a different path. As your writing coach I can help you:
- Move from fragments of writing to polished, publishable work.
- Get on a regular writing schedule and develop better writing habits.
- Identify your strengths and emphasize them; find your weaknesses and work on them.
- Navigate the world of publishing.
- Develop your voice and confidence as a writer.
- Use writing as method of spiritual development.
- Get past writer’s block.
- Give you deadlines to meet for your personal writing projects.
- Start and finish a memoir, play, novel, or other long-form project.
- Reinvigorate your enjoyment in the writing process.
I am a prolific and widely-published writer and have many years of experience as a writing teacher.
I taught literature, creative writing, and composition for three years at UMASS and also taught at Western New England College. In 2006, I was awarded the Distinguished Teaching Award – the highest honor awarded for teaching at UMASS. I have five years of experience as a writing coach.
My writing appears and is featured in/on Salon.com, The Advocate, The Rumpus, Headmaster Magazine, Andrew Sullivan’s The Dish, Reality Sandwich, Disinformation, The Wild River Review – and anthologies, including Best Sex Writing 2013 (Cleis Press), Best Gay Stories 2012 (Lethe Press), Occupy Consciousness: Essays from the Coming Insurrection (Evolver), Lynn Margulis: Scientific Rebel (Chelsea Green), and Exploring the Edge Realms of Consciousness (North Atlantic/Evolver Editions).
I’m also an all-around nice guy. We’ll have a comfortable and fun experience. I’ll read your work and won’t hold back on my critique and praise – but will challenge you without hurting your feelings. You’ll feel encouraged and excited to write more.
Fees + Other Info:
I offer many different writing packages at reasonable rates. Each rate is customized to meet your goals and budget.
We can meet in person or via Skype, with as many meeting as you need/week.